> > bleh ... it does what it advertizes and works pretty fine, I've used it
> > for years and the fact that it's a "stone age" version does not prevent
> > me from working with it both at home & at work.
> >
> > the reason why i like it is precisely because it's simple and doesn't
> > come with tons of features that change all of the time, it's the same
> > look & feel on all systems I use, and has been like that for years.
> >

> Yes, I concur with this sentiment. Having tried many WMs, and doing
> repetitive wiping of installs/port building that you eventually want
> stability and not go hunting why this or that broke. It just diverts
> your time away from your planned work for that day. So I now use the
> default fvwm like Marc says he does, but I am looking for a very fast
> compiled lightweight WM, and will try out the alternatives :-)

Joe's Window Manager is fast to compile. I've been using for a few months and
have not noticed any bugs. The config file is in xml and easy to set up, and
very flexible. Combined with dmenu you can setup a system for fast workflow. It
is stacked, not tiling, though, so maybe some programmers might not like that
aspect.