Hi all you messy-int-typedef-mix rejectors,

Jeremy O'Brien wrote [2012-04-25 13:56+0200]:
> On Wed, Apr 25, 2012 at 01:21:06PM +0200, Gilles Chehade wrote:
[reducing like grazy, very unpolite]

> > First laptop has ion3, editor is emacs with custom emacs.conf:
> >
> >       https://www.poolp.org/~gilles/emacs/emacs.conf
> >
> > Also, how I managed to appear on a picture while only attending 3/4 hours
> > is an achievement in itself ;-p
> >

> Thanks for the input. I'm also very nosy when it comes to the
> (windowing/editing) environments that people work/code in. Always
> looking for new ideas.

if you like then you should really give ahwm a try.
I'm using it since 2002 (almost eight years on FreeBSD, and since
about 4 months again on OpenBSD in addition).
It's a real nifty thing and has an even smaller memory footprint
than cwm, while being much more sweet, e.g., each desktop can have
different window decoration colors (e.g. root-logins ALL RED).
You can also send windows to specific workspaces automatically
through their given name, as in

  # .xinitrc
  rxvt-unicode -title Ed -e vim &

  # .ahwmrc
  WindowName "Ed" {
    DefaultWorkspace = 1;
    #Sticky = True;
    #Omnipresent = True
  }

I think cwm doesn't do that (at least yet).
Read the .rc, it contains almost the entire docu (functions,
selectors, options; do bindings, defines - whatever)

But now the *absolute hammer*!
The guy who wrote that grazy thing back in 2002 has just (!)
modified his webpage and now states something like

  Please note: this page, and this code, haven't been updated in
  ten years. This is of historical value only.

IT'S NOT!?  I'M USING IT DAILY!

  Please do not hesitate to contact me

Why should i?

  to report bugs

Why should i??

  or request new features

Why should i, dammit???

  Sat Feb 9 19:49:37 CST 2002
  Released version 0.90. This is the initial beta release of AHWM.
  It may contain bugs.

  Fri Apr 20 02:12:35 PDT 2012
  Did not release any new version in the preceeding ten years.
  Updated this page to make it clear that updates are unlikely.

Ha!  You don't say.
Just because you don't touch your did-once-for-good piece of
software means that it's historical.
Maybe you see it as an OpenBSD package before 5.2 is released.
Has a nice rather-BSD license, has it.

Thanks for your understanding.

P.S.: Forget your cat - my wild one is much more beautiful.

--steffen
Forza Figa!