Dear All,

I am resurrecting this thread which I followed carefully because I need
some hardware advice for the firewall machine which is going to serve
our new scientific computing laboratory. Initially behind this firewall,
we will have only two small (16 and 8 nodes) clusters, a GPU based super
computer, a CVS/File server and a web-server for PMWiki.  They  will be
accessible to users (15-20 for now) only via SSH(NX X) and HTTP
protocols.

We are vendor locked due to the contract between DeLL and the University
system of Georgia.

I would like to hear opinion about:

Dell PowerEdge R210 II Ultra-compact Rack Server

http://www.dell.com/us/enterprise/p/poweredge-r210-2/pd

I am looking at the one with

Intel Gigabit ET Quad Port Adapter, Gigabit Ethernet NIC, PCIe x4

Does One Dual port Broadcom BCM 5716 work on OpenBSD?
What about those Broadcom NetXtremes ? It is not going to
have RAID controller. We are looking at the one with Dual-core Intel
Celeron G400 and G500 series

Thank you so much!

Predrag