Scott McEachern <sc...@blackstaff.ca> wrote:

> I'm trying to add a pair of 3TB drives to my workstation, which I plan
> on turning into a ~3TB RAID 1 array, and seem to be having difficulty
> realizing the full size of the drives.

The partition table in the MBR is limited to 32-bit numbers.
512 bytes/sector * 2^32 sectors = 2 TB

In practice, fdisk -i will create an OpenBSD MBR partition of a
size modulo 2 TB.  If you don't share the disk with other operating
systems, this doesn't matter.

In disklabel, use the 'b' command to set the upper end of the OpenBSD
disk boundary to the entire size of the disk.  You can then make
full use of the drive when creating partitions.

--
Christian "naddy" Weisgerber                          na...@mips.inka.de