On Sat, Jun 09, 2012 at 12:35:07PM +0200, carlopmart wrote:
> On 06/09/2012 12:19 PM, J??r??mie Courr??ges-Anglas wrote:
> >carlopmart<carlopm...@gmail.com>  writes:
> >
> >>Hi all,
> >>
> >>  How can I disable sndiod process?? I have configured under rc.conf:
> >>
> >>sndiod_flags=NO
> >
> >rc.conf isn't meant to be edited.  use rc.conf.local
>
> Uhmm why??

For instance to avoid merges during upgrade; rc.conf contains the
default configuration, and rc.conf.local contains local changes to
the default configuration.

> I use rc.conf.local for daemons or options outside of openbsd soft base ...

it can be used for the base system as well.

> >>  but every time host is rebooted, sndiod starts ... Why??
> >>
> >>Thanks.
> >
> >Without more details and given the non-standard setup...
>
> What details do you need?? I use this openbsd box as a fw and I wnat
> ot disable sndiod process  ...

Generally you don't need to disable sndiod. As long it's not used
it consumes less resources than getty, which we don't disable
either.

-- Alexandre