--On 07 November 2005 09:56 -0800, Aaron Glenn wrote:

On 11/7/05, Per-Olov Sjvholm <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
Is "LSI LOGIC MegaRAID SCSI 320-1" one of the supported MegaRAID
cards on OBSD 3.8?

http://www.openbsd.org/cgi-bin/man.cgi?query=ami&arch=i386&sektion=4
is it really that hard?

Yes - 320 and 320-2e are listed and 320-1 isn't. It's probably wise to be cautious before spending several hundred (pounds|dollars|euros|...) on a card. Compare with wireless and ethernet nics. You have to double-check the exact hardware revision and still you can't always tell. And that's for something costing much less than a raid controller.

Googling suggests 320-1 is the same as PERC4/SC which is listed. I haven't personally seen one, but I really doubt there'd be a problem (and if there is I expect Marco would like to hear about it).

fwiw, CERC-ATA (aka MegaRAID i4) works for sure but isn't listed.

If anyone has any other ami(4) that's not listed, email me the manufacturer/model name offlist and I'll collate them into diffs for ami.4 and the supported-hardware lists.