OoO En cette matinie pluvieuse  du mardi 08 novembre 2005, vers 10:24,
"J.C. Roberts" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> disait:

> Now think to yourself on this one. You've got 60 tunnels that must be
> serviced by the processor. A single threaded processor with limited
> cache and task switching (i.e. Celeron) is the wrong choice if not the
> worst choice you could make. The fake multi-core Intel stuff called
> "Hyper Threading" is a small step in the right direction. Next up would
> be real multi-core processors, and lastly, your best choice is having
> multiple multi-core processors.

Will OpenBSD handle them well in 3.8 with bsd.mp kernel ?

> Having an custom ASIC (processor) specifically designed to do crypto
> running as a co-processing slave to your system CPU is a great and
> wonderful thing, but only if it actually works. Though it might not
> solve your immediate problem, it would be good for the project if you
> contacted HiFn yourself and asked them why their documentation is not
> publicly available so the open source world can develop drivers.

> "Chris Kenber"  ckenber(at)hifn.com  CEO
> "Russell Dietz" RDietz(at)hifn.com VP Eng

I will  mail them  today about this.  Are Broadcom chipsets  better on
this way ?

> If, and only if, your real limitation is actually the processing power
> needed for crypto, then obviously having more processing power will most
> likely solve the problem. Before you decide the real problem is
> processing power, please do yourself a favor and look for other possible
> bottlenecks, like interrupt, network, memory...

 - top reports very low interrupt usage (at most 10% on full charge).
 - there is plenty of memory available  on the system : 37 MB are used
   on 256 MB and 171 MB are really free (from vmstat)
 - without  doing IPsec, I  am able  to do a  FTP transfer of  20 MB/s
   (this is a gigabit card) which  is not spectacular but is above the
   current  bottleneck. I  have  not  looked at  how  to enable  jumbo
   frames.

Thanks for your answer.
--
printk(KERN_WARNING "Multi-volume CD somehow got mounted.\n");
        2.2.16 /usr/src/linux/fs/isofs/inode.c