Juan Francisco Cantero Hurtado schreef op zo 30-12-2012 om 19:26
[+0100]:
> On Sun, Dec 30, 2012 at 05:46:54PM +0100, Martijn van Duren wrote:
> > Martijn van Duren schreef op zo 30-12-2012 om 17:15 [+0100]:
> > > I also found an old threat[1] where they say they have a patch for
> > > accessing ext2 partitions with a different inodesize then 128, although
> > > I can't find any information of what ever happened with that patch.
> > >
> > On some further investigation I found that big inodesizes have indeed
> > been implemented.[1][2][3] This explains why I can mount the filesystem
> > and use most of the files, but doesn't answer my question where the read
> > request go haywire or how I can actually debug this issue myself. (I
> > don't know how to debug/trace read(2), so it would be highly appreciated
> > if someone can explain me how to do this, or point me to the
> > documentation that explains me how to do this.)
> >
> > [1]http://www.openbsd.org/cgi-bin/cvsweb/src/sys/ufs/ext2fs/ext2fs_dinode.h#rev1.11
> > [2]http://www.openbsd.org/cgi-bin/cvsweb/src/sys/ufs/ext2fs/ext2fs_inode.c#rev1.43
> > [3]http://www.openbsd.org/cgi-bin/cvsweb/src/sys/ufs/ext2fs/ext2fs_vfsops.c#rev1.51
>
> I've a ext3 partition and use this on OpenBSD each day. I don't know the
> inodesize of my partition, but I used the defaults for create it
> approximately a year ago.
>
> Can you run a fsck pass to the partition on Linux? Maybe something is
> wrong.

I've already did a fsck beforehand. It's completely clean.
In the meantime I've made a minor test-program which reads one byte at a
time. With one of my files it fails at byte 49153 and there's nothing
special about the returned byte (tested by the file I've transferred via
nfs).
Ktrace(1) also doesn't show me anything interesting concerning this
issue. Just that a read-command has failed. So I really need a way to
debug filesystem drivers.