Moritz Grimm wrote:
Alexander Hall wrote:

You might be interested in the -s switch of ntpd, which is set by default by rc(8).

Not any longer. It was removed again to not tempt people to interrupt the booting process via CTRL+C in case it hangs for the one or other reason. It's easy to add back to ntpd_flags in rc.conf.local, though, for those who want it.

Ah, ok. Glad to hear that actually; I always thought it seemed a little strange to have it set by default when that is not the default behaviour of the daemon itself. I have always set ``-s'' in rc.conf.local anyway. :-)

/Alexander