On 1/10/2013 7:15 AM, Zoran Kolic wrote:
I found it too hard to find proper laptop for sane sum
of green papers, to run openbsd amd64.
In a haze of quest, I set my eyes on two lovely comp
cases:
chieftec bt-02b-180
silverstone sg05
Digested question would be: what integrated cpu works
on 5.2 amd64? Better to go after intel or amd? There
are posts of both sandybridge and amd fusion with gra-
phics working. I will get the lower end of one this
list recommends as a choice. If amd, probably fm1
socket, asus with realtek 8111 e/f ethernet.
Simple: what cpu?

                              Zoran

Sadly right now Intel is going to be the best if you are going to use the integrated graphics. Intel graphics tend to be better supported than AMD (ATI). That may change here in the next few generations as AMD abandons UMS for KMS but if you want to make sure you'll get your full resolution Intel.

Now if you have no concern for the integrated GPU and plan on using a GPU that is supported I always say AMD. More performance for the price and to me seems more stable under multithreaded load.

--
Jason Barbier