On Tue, 15 Nov 2005, Johan wrote:

> > Personally I'd like to see a log message like this:
> >
> > Tue Nov 15 20:31:33 NTPD clock is 60.000356s off, adjusting by 0.0128s
>

> I actually like this one... makes sense and is still very short and concise

This "adujsting by" information is not available to ntpd. ntpd
requests an adjustment using the adjtim(2) system call. The argument
is the actual offset. It is up to the kernel to decide how fast the
adjustment will be done.

Both Theo and Henning have stated very clearly the log message is not
going to change. So there's no point in coming up with new
suggestions.

        -Otto