On 03/10/2013 12:49 PM, Jiri B wrote:
On Sun, Mar 10, 2013 at 12:38:35PM +0100, Alessandro Baggi wrote:
Hi list,
I'm plannig to setup a squid proxy for a network with about 120 User.
I have not great experience with proxying network that has over 20 user.
For this scenario, is better transparent or not-trasparent proxy?

Non-transparent. Then everything which tries to leave your network
without going via mandatory http proxy is suspicious. Easy to detect,
easy to troubleshoot.

jirib

Hi jirib,
but if squid has problems (bad configuration, machine failure without failover) there are 120 pcs, that try to communicate with a failure proxy. At this point, how to solve? With transparent I can remove redirect rule and forward web traffic directly on internet but with non-transparent proxy there are 120 pcs to reconfigure.

Do you know something about Dansguardian status?

Thanks in advance.