"苦恼的饼仔" <sis...@qq.com> writes:

> Yesterday£¬I just install OpenBSD 5.2 in my little server.
> I found that OpenBSD 5.2 seem no support for TRIM, it's terrible to our ssd
> user.
> How can I run just like 'fstrim' in Linux in OpenBSD?

It would help a lot if you describe what you're trying to achieve.  I
strongly suspect it's not a question of a practical need here -

If the first vaguely relevant google hit ([1]) is any indication, I
think we may be seeing something analogous to the Microsoft crowd's
'defragmenting' craze (even if that was to some extent justified by
real-world deficiencies in that group of products).

This functionality lives or should live in the file system, with the
system optimizing allocations as appropriate for the device and relevant
tuneable parameters, without any need for direct end user intervention.

Take a peek at the file system code. If you still think there's a TRIM
deficiency that would hurt SSD users, I'm sure patches that solve the
problem will be welcomed by the developers.

- Peter

[1] http://manpages.ubuntu.com/manpages/oneiric/en/man8/fstrim.8.html

http://bsdly.blogspot.com/ http://www.bsdly.net/ http://www.nuug.no/