On 2013-04-14, Nick Holland <n...@holland-consulting.net> wrote:
> On 04/13/13 19:27, Kevin Chadwick wrote:
>> 4.15 of the faq says
>>
>> Unfortunately, there are no known disk imaging packages which are
>> FFS-aware.
>>
>> I haven't tested
>
> Get back with me when you have.
>
> I'll be happy to find out that statement is now wrong, but I've been
> doing this about 20 years too long to believe everything that's put out
> on a website.  Note that OpenBSD, FreeBSD and NetBSD are not directly
> file system compatible anyway, as I recall...and also note that OpenBSD
> has two things you need to check -- ffs and ffs2, so yes, I'm quite
> skeptical that we have a "just works" with OpenBSD solution here.
> Hopefully I'm wrong.
>
> If it's true, this would be way-cool, but I'm not selling my air
> conditioners yet.
>
> Prove me wrong, I'll thank you.
>
> Nick.

Not disk imaging software but this triggered a connection in my brain
and thought I'd mention it - the R-Studio recovery software used in the
*extremely* useful "raid recovery by sight and sound" video can handle
OpenBSD filesystems. (software doesn't itself run on OpenBSD but I think
this information is worth disseminating in case someone finds it useful ;)