Hi,

Sebastian Reitenbach wrote:
On Thursday, April 11, 2013 00:02 CEST, Riccardo Mottola <riccardo.mott...@libero.it> wrote:
I don't see it in ifconfig, dmesg says:
vendor "Atheros", unknown product 0x0020 (class network subclass
ethernet, rev 0x01) at cardbus0 dev 0 function 0 not configured
take a look at man ath(4). There are some different AR52XX device
types listed. If you are lucky, you have one of those chipsets, and
only the card info needs to be added to match the driver.

The ath drivers says to support:
The ath driver provides support for wireless network devices based on the
     Atheros AR5210, AR5211, and AR5212 chips.

However, on linux the card gets recognized as:
07:00.0 Ethernet controller: *Atheros* Communications Inc. AR5513 802.11abg Wireless NIC (rev 01) Subsystem: D-Link System Inc DWL-G650M Super G MIMO Wireless Notebook Adapter
        Flags: medium devsel, IRQ 11
Memory at c8000000 (32-bit, non-prefetchable) [disabled] [size=128K]

thus it is a AR5513 card, which is not supported. THis is not a brand new card, but I found is a new-old-stock on Ebay, however the cards supported by OpenBSD are much older.

Just for the sake, since I am running a 5.3-current kernel compiled by you, I tried if there were updates to the driver, but no new luck.

Riccardo

PS: just for the sake, I tried the card on a Linux computer and there I get much more information as you see above, but I couldn't really connect with it either. An intermediate status for FreeBSD too. It appears that most OpenBSD drivers are actually ports, thus if I don't have luck with FreeBSD, I need to get (yet another) card. Wow. I have 3 wireless cards now. One works on FreeBSD but not linux, one on Linux but make OpenBSD lock at boot (but appears to work if inserted later) and one which should be the fastest... in no free OS at all.