So Stuart,
I was looking at the OpenBSD mailing list rules because I
wasn't sure about long links and I saw that lines over 72
characters are discouraged, that's were I decided to manually
put in line breaks.  :/  Although your point about a direct link
to something that isn't google is a valid point.

Question for everybody that uses console mailers;
Does Mutt and the other text based mailers
have line wrap enabled by default? or do they go off the edge
of the screen? For me I use firefox for mail, even on my
OBSD machine.

Regards,
Evan

--