Sure it syncs, but
node1 has completely different IP addresses than node2(both external and
internal ??), if no CARP.
So storing states from node1, which passes/initiated connection to ftp.fr , on
node2 does not help.

In your case, you'd probably to decide to ever have MASTER-BACKUP or to have
MASTER-MASTER CARP setup.