On 07/03/2013 01:15 PM, Chris Cappuccio wrote:
Nick Holland [n...@holland-consulting.net] wrote:
On 07/02/2013 11:44 AM, noah pugsley wrote:
More wrong? Maybe so. My point was that both are and either way it's
inconsistent.

not anymore.  new text, as of last night:

Processors

All CPUs compatible with the Intel 80486 or better, with Intel-compatible
hardware floating point support should work.

Is there floating-point hardware for 486 or higher that isn't
"Intel-compatible"?

This text seems superfluous.

an unlikely combination, but a 486sx with a Weitek 4167 would qualify.

Plus... I would not be surprised if some day, someone (probably Chinese/Taiwanese/Indian) did an embedded x86 compatible-ish chip optimized for low price and power consumption without any FPU. Whether this could run any modern off-the-shelf OS as-is, no idea..but someone will post on misc@ "will it will run OpenBSD?" within thirty minutes of the very first press release.

Nick.