Martin Schröder <mar...@oneiros.de> wrote:

> 2013/7/30  <h...@riseup.net>:
> > than the Apple+Google co-owned Clang stuff.
>
> Source for that claim? All I can find is
> > Copyright (c) 2007-2013 University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign.
> http://llvm.org/viewvc/llvm-project/cfe/trunk/LICENSE.TXT?revision=171342&view=markup
>
> Best
>    Martin
 Martin,

I didn't mean "co-owned" literally. Or, in fact people who perform major
development, contributions,
maintain all this - in open source this is a way of "owning" the software.
That's how you
control the development course of that particular software. And lousely
according to wikipedia
[1] Apple and Google are among the major contributors which is no surpise since
GCC changed
their licence to GPLv3 and they need a BSD compiler for themselves. On the
other hand GCC is
under Red Hat's patronage right now.

[1] https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Clang

Regards, Hans.