Hi

On the ftp server I usually get my snapshots from [1] there are the sets
for upgrade. There is also a new t32 directory that contains the same
upgrade sets (or the same names and dates, at least).

Would I be right in assuming I need to download the sets from this new
t32 directory on the server? I'm just double checking after I screwed up
an upgrade attempt a few days ago and want to be clear about which sets
are the right ones.

Whilst I'm sending this, can I just confirm the correct steps:

1 - remove all packages (except firmware packages) using the pkg_delete
commands described on [2] #3

2 - download the sets from the mirror and upgrade using the normal
snapshot upgrade process.

3 - follow the instructions for the new identd implementation also
described at [2]. (Not applicable to me, as I don't have these set in
/etc/rc.conf.local.)

4 - update /etc/master.passwd described on [2] #4 using:
        /mnt/usr/sbin/pwd_mkdb -d /mnt/etc /mnt/etc/master.passwd and
        cp /dev/null /mnt/var/log/lastlog and
        cp /dev/null /mnt/var/run/utmp

5 - reboot, reinstall packages using the pkg_add commands also described
on [2] #5.

When reinstalling the packages, just ensure that $PKG_PATH is set
correctly; currently I have it set to:
ftp://ftp5.eu.openbsd.org/pub/OpenBSD/snapshots/packages/amd64/ .

6 - hope that all my packages are converted/updated for the new ABI
change, especially my WM which is fvwm2.

Sorry for repeating the information on the website, I just like to be
absolutely clear.

Final point/question: is it recommended to wait a little longer before
doing this to allow time for packages to be updated? I have a lot of
packages installed at the moment.

Thanks for your time and efforts, again.

Cheers, Jamie.

[1] = ftp://mirror.ox.ac.uk/pub/OpenBSD/snapshots/amd64/
[2] = http://www.openbsd.org/faq/current.html#20130813

James Griffin:  jmz at kontrol.kode5.net

[A4B9 E875 A18C 6E11 F46D  B788 BEE6 1251 1D31 DC38]