Deal All,

I am trying to set up OpenVPN server at my work on the freshly installed
OpenBSD machine using a 5.4 snapshot from July 30 (i386) and the ports
tree fetched the same day. We must use OpenVPN so I am not interested
in alternatives.

After spending  several hours I made no progress as I am completely stamped
with the behavior of easy-rsa script. After editing

/usr/local/share/easy-rsa/vars

file and making vars executable I am getting exactly the output from this
thread

http://www.daemonforums.org/showthread.php?t=7473

I tried all the things from the tread short of editing openssl-1.0.0.cnf by
hand but
I still get the same output which indicates that environmental variables
which are
supposed to be sourced with ./vars have not being set up. I do not know
what to
make out of the fact that  OpenBSD is being shipped with openssl version
is openssl-1.0.1c.

On the related note I observed that openvpn directory in /etc is not
created
(I used ports as disclosed at the beginning of this message) during the
port installation.
Is that expected behavior?  It also looks like there is no other version of
of easy-rsa or
openssl-1.0.0.cnf file shipped with OpenVPN for that matter.

I appreciate any help with this.

Most Kind Regards,
Predrag Punosevac