On 2013-10-02, Jean Lucas <nos...@gmail.com> wrote:
> No! I was fixing to relate a recent tragic but happy ending story about
> these... I had a friend buy one of the supposed cheapo blue ones (at a
> premium price), turns out it was a knock off that reportedly barely works
> (crawls) with the drivers for windoz (only) it comes with. Make sure and
> buy from a manufacturer that supports generic drivers.

They cost less than a beer in a pub, you're not supposed to buy
them at a premium price :)

Buying on ebay (as OP requested) there's little guarantee of what
chipset you'll get (I've had the blue ones in at least aue and url,
it wouldn't surprise me at all if there are others), and even buying
branded products from official channels there's still a reasonable
chance they will switch chips if they get a good deal..