On 03.10.2013 18:38, Kevin Chadwick wrote:
Hi Otto,

yeah thats planned with new hardware but this is a kinda urgent
situation so if its possible I need to do the upgrade on this OpenBSd
version
Personally I'd still advocate getting a disk ready on 5.4/3 testing and
swapping the disk as it is not much different and will be quicker than
imaging, building rather than installing packages and testing on another
machine and then swapping the disk.

Lots of other less simple choices if you don't mind taking risks of
unplanned downtime of course.

You could even deploy carp and have next to no downtime if required.

I have a image for a esxi so I will do the test on that and if I'm successful I just do it step by step on the server. This is maybe the easiest way to go here.

--
Markus Rosjat    fon: +49 351 8107223    mail: ros...@ghweb.de

G+H Webservice GbR Gorzolla, Herrmann, Kögler
Königsbrücker Str. 70, 01099 Dresden

http://www.ghweb.de
fon: +49 351 8107220   fax: +49 351 8107227

Bitte prüfen Sie, ob diese Mail wirklich ausgedruckt werden muss! Before you
print it, think about your responsibility and commitment to the ENVIRONMENT