On 10/10/13 05:34, Marc Espie wrote:
On Wed, Oct 09, 2013 at 05:36:22PM -0400, Bryan Chapman wrote:
Just installed the Oct 3rd snapshot on my desktop.  During the boot
process it loses console output and just shows a blank screen.  The
screen doesn't go into power saving - just no output.  At first I though
the machine froze, but it continued running and I was able to SSH into
the machine.  Here is the DMESG.  Looks like some issues with DRM.  At a
bit of a loss on the next troubleshooting steps, any ideas?

Exact same issue here... drm effect.
boot -c
disable radeondrm
then install the firmware manually (firmware-update will not see it
unfortunately). Then reboot.

If your machine has network, jsg would probably be happy to see what's
going on in /var/log/messages while the machine loses boot...
Thanks -- installing the firmware package resolved the issue. I just assumed that the firmware updater would grab it if needed.

-Bryan