Remco [re...@d-compu.dyndns.org] wrote:
> Otto Kurunczi wrote:
>
> First of all, your attachments were removed (information needs to be inline).
>
> > I am new with OpenBSD, installed 5.3. Modified xorg.conf too.
> > Mplayer cannot play videos as there is no Xvideo
> > support for my video card. Dmesg and xorg.conf attached.
> > How can I get Xvideo support? Thank you.
> >

> Personally I use VLC which has options to select other types of video output,
> like e.g. SDL. Is this possible with mplayer ?
>
> I've got an ATI card that appears to lack XVideo support as well. For me
> Xvideo support is available when I run CURRENT which has newer video drivers
> for my particular hardware. For your Intel hardware there are possibly
> improved drivers in either the upcoming 5.4 release or CURRENT. (Lacking the
> hardware, I can't confirm this myself)

I'm having the same problem with current and a thinkpad t410, shared memory
errors in most video output modes, but i gave the laptop away. So my desktop
which has: vga1 at pci0 dev 2 function 0 "Intel HD Graphics 2000" rev 0x09
works.
Xv works fine on the HD 2000. But it fails every time with shared memory errors
on the T410. The T410 has "Arrandale" graphics, whatever HD crap that is.