OpenBSD has one of the fastest easiest installs of any operating
system out there.  The doc is clean and excellent.

I've never heard "less is more" as an OpenBSD philosophy, but it is my
philosophy and part of why I like OpenBSD.  I'm a geologist who does
programming in high level, dynamic languages as a hobby and part of my
job.  My sysadmin skills go as far as I need them to to administer an
OpenBSD laptop.

The community (this list, for example) will expect you to refer to the
documentation and experiment a bit before coming here and asking for
help.  The one time I got help here on a wireless setup for my Verizon
MIFI unit, I got an answer almost right away.  People were pretty
kind, too, as I did not have a handle on the ins and outs of
encryption keys and what a wpa key was.  Since then, through working
through more than once, I've learned those things.

As your machine's admin, you will learn things through using it with
OpenBSD.  This can take time and it helps to have an interest in these
things.  Your reward is a machine that behaves the way you expect it
to and fewer security problems (every Windows user I know complains
bitterly about viruses :-\  ).

My 2 cents.