On 18 February 2014 02:57, Philippe Meunier <meun...@ccs.neu.edu> wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I have problems mounting Windows 7 DVD ISO images on OpenBSD 5.4
> stable.  For example, you can download X17-59463.iso from
> http://www.mydigitallife.info/official-windows-7-sp1-iso-from-digital-river/
>
> # ls -l X17-59463.iso
> -rw-------  1 meunier  users  2564476928 Feb 16 01:24 X17-59463.iso
>
> Then:
>
> # vnconfig vnd0 X17-59463.iso
> # disklabel vnd0
> # /dev/rvnd0c:
> type: vnd
> disk: GSP1RMCULFRER_EN
> label: _DVD
> duid: 0000000000000000
> flags:
> bytes/sector: 512

I'm pretty sure that DVD's don't come with a disk sector size of 512
bytes. So trying to access it with 512 byte sectors could be one
problem. You can play with the vnconfig '-t' option and add an
appropriate entry to /etc/disktab that specifies the more likely
sector size of 2048 bytes. Or you can burn the .iso to a physical
device.

If you burn it to a physical device, what does disklabel show?

.... Ken