On 2/23/14, Chris Bennett <chrisbenn...@bennettconstruction.us> wrote:
> On Sat, Feb 22, 2014 at 05:07:32PM -0600, Chris Bennett wrote:
>> On Sat, Feb 22, 2014 at 04:47:25PM -0600, Chris Bennett wrote:
>> > I noticed error message on boot a while ago, but wasn't paying much
>> > attention until right now.
>> >
>> > I get:
>> > mixerctl outputs.master=200
>> > mixerctl: /dev/mixer: Device not configured
>> >
>> > home $ mixerctl
>> > mixerctl: /dev/mixer: Device not configured
>> >
>> > Sound wasn't a problem in the past.
>> >
>> > Using snap from today, but saw problem a good time ago, wish I had paid
>> > attention sooner.
>> >

>> OK, I did a power off reboot and problem went away.
>> But I have seen above errors on boot screen various times before.
>> I did a soft reboot for this snapshot.
>> BIOS said is a Crystal 4205 for sound.
>> Is this a problem with snapshots or is my old laptop having hardware
>> problems?
>>

> OK, I haven't had any trouble repeating this problem today.
> Just comes and goes. One boot good, another bad.

I am not sure if this problem I noticed recently is related
or not. but I'll just throw it in the mix in case it jars some
memories.

running older snapshot (reason I haven't brought it up)
Planning to update to a newer one soon-ish.

kern.version=OpenBSD 5.4-current (GENERIC.MP) #222: Fri Dec 27 22:33:50 MST 2013
    dera...@amd64.openbsd.org:/usr/src/sys/arch/amd64/compile/GENERIC.MP

Playing music (e.g., via mpg123) and notice the audio goes
silent after a short while. stopping and restarting audio player
does not help. Restarting sndiod does not help either.

However, in another tmux window, if cause an audible bell,
e.g., pressing tab at the start of a ksh prompt, with each bell
sounds i hear the audio bits.

Only thing that seems to restore audio is zzz->wake cycle,
but only for a short while.

--patrick