On Wed, Feb 26, 2014 at 11:16:40AM +0100, Francesco Toscan wrote:
> Hi,

Hi,

> looking at GSOC2014 OpenBSD Foundation's idea list, I found a reference
> to some "Perl and Python bindings" to smtpd's own content filtering
> framework.

yup, experimental but fonctional stuff, not usable by !developers yet ;-)

> Is this content filtering api documented anywhere? I found no mention in
> smtpd.conf(5) or smtpd(8) man pages.

nope because we're still stabilizing the API, there are still a few
shortcomings but we should be done by 5.6

> I'd like to know whether this api or these perl bindings are intended to
> be usable by larger audience, because I have to rewrite outdated and
> horrible code written for sendmail (it uses sendmail's milter
> interface): it would be nice to start over with smtpd.

the API is supposed to be usable by a larger audience very soon (we're
talking in matter of weeks), the python/perl bindings are just regular
filters, they are not part of smtpd itself, they rely on the C API so
they are as usable as the API itself ;-)

If you are interested in filters development, ping me off-list and I
can tell you where to get started.

--
Gilles Chehade

https://www.poolp.org                                          @poolpOrg