>Since the 23 March snapshot I've no longer been able to get the sets via
>ftp during upgrade, is this intentional or is this an error on my end?
>This worked on the snapshot form 19 March and earlier using the
>amd64-snapshot bsd.rd indirectly from ftp3.usa.openbsd.org (Local ftp
>mirror with rsync daily pull from ftp3).

The 5.5 release will support FTP releases, but after that we are
disabling FTP and thus pushing people to use HTTP installs.

In this day and age, it is somewhat irresponsible for us to put
people into a situation where they might install new FTP servers on
the internet.  We've known it is a dangerous protocol for over 20
years.  Use a HTTP server to serve the sets, please.