On 2014 Mar 25 (Tue) at 20:38:08 -0500 (-0500), Shawn K. Quinn wrote:
:On Tue, Mar 25, 2014, at 08:10 PM, n...@leviacomm.net wrote:
:> Thanks and I understand the reasoning.  The current ftp server won't be
:> able to do http and use of siteXX files prevents using an external
:> source.  Will nfs be supported or am I going to need more hardware?
:
:What is preventing you from using, say, a USB thumb drive as the install
:media? Also note you can install from multiple sources (http for
:everything else, then a local disk for the siteXX files).
:

"I am upgrading hundreds of boxes a day"

That is an *excellent* reason to not use usb thumb drives.  Want another
reason?  "Remote machines with serial console"

--
Rudin's Law:
        If there is a wrong way to do something, most people will do it