I dont think a separated business growing around that would be a good
ideia? I don't really think so. I am not saying this happened to other
projects like FreeBSD, but i switched from FreeBSD to OpenBSD exactly
because much of what i saw the first time i started with FreeBSD i
could not see since that's  time i switched to OpenBSD. Many of my
feeling on FreeBSD has been lost since so far. OpenBSD folks, i my
point of view, take the right road. I believe they have a strong
conviction on the values i don't bargain that.

I see very positively, behavior like the one that decided to remove
ahc driver support. Of course it is not all good, but i pay the price.
I like openbsd just because the project "its" view of the surround
environment/world is not the common (to not say another world) view
shared by many alternatives around, including garbage like Linux.

OpenBSD may not be perfect, and in this sense, i label it the less
imperfect OS for my needs of confidence and peace of mind. I would
really love to use it for everything my needs could be. I cannot use
it in a multitera byte storage server nor in a 64 processor sparc box,
but i do love it. There many thing i believe it could get a
better support, real SMP (HIGH performance) kernel, and File System
for instance.

Anyhow, as i have already stated, i go for OpenBSD.