On 16.05.2014 22:04, Mihai Popescu wrote:
It's hybrid model made out
of 2 disks. OpenBSD doesn't have access to that SSD cache part? And if it has or will have what will be best partition setup for such combo?

From what I see on internet about this hybrid, the SSD part is managed
by internal firmware and acts as a cache. I doubt you can access it
separately.

Intel Rapid Storage software in Windows doesn't show it either. That cache is "visible" only in Device manager -> Disk -> Properties -> Policies (Write caching policy). So it will mean that any BSD can see only that ~1TB part of regular SATA device without any chance to have some influence on SSD cache part and disk firmware will not use it at all or use it no matter what if it was enabled before in Windows? I know, more question for vendor of that disk, but maybe someone with deep knowledge of such devices can sched some light on this. Will be nice to have it for /tmp, /var/tmp or whatever.