On Mon, Jun 09, 2014 at 11:15:30PM +0000 or thereabouts, Stuart Henderson wrote:
> On 2014-06-08, Maurice McCarthy <m...@mythic-beasts.com> wrote:
> > I bought a new, cheap HP Deskjet 2540 printer (usb and wireless).
> <snip>
>
> /usr/local/share/doc/pkg-readmes/hplip* should help a lot (it also refers
> to the pkg-readme for cups which you'll also need to follow for USB).

Thanks Stuart,

I kept all your advice from when I had the SX205 so I've already done all that.
I'm coming to the conclusion that hp:/net works whereas hp:/usb does not.

Just to say I tried to update the personal port which you made for me but it
failed only because of the new 'signify', I think. That is the internal check
sum was not calculated in the first place. I didn't have the heart to ask again
for help over it. I reckoned it would be better if I learned more myself.

Not to worry, the darn new thing works anyhow.

Thanks again
Moss