On Fri, Dec 02, 2005 at 01:02:32PM -0500, Jason Crawford wrote:
> On 12/2/05, Jimmy Scott <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> > On Fri, Dec 02, 2005 at 06:14:18PM +0100, Sebastian Rother wrote:
> > > I scrited with pdksh all the time lon for now.
> > > Now I'm interested into learning another Scripting-Language.
> > >
> > > I can't decide between Perl and Python.
> > > Perl has a lot modules but it's GPLed.
> > > Python on the other hand is under a BSD-compatible License and has less
> > > modules.
> >
> > http://www.perl.com/download.csp#srclic
> > It is NOT gpl'ed.
>
> According to this:

http://www.openbsd.org/cgi-bin/cvsweb/src/gnu/usr.bin/perl/README?rev=1.8&con
tent-type=text/x-cvsweb-markup
> it is GPL'd.

It's the first time I read that. But you are right if OpenBSD has chosen
to redistribute it under the GPL instead of the artistic license, which
seems to be the case:

http://www.openbsd.org/cgi-bin/cvsweb/src/gnu/usr.bin/perl/Copying

--
The Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse: Death, Famine, War, and SNMP