Hello,
I am a student from Poland (country in Central Europe) and I would love to
use OpenBSD everyday. I must have Windows operating system too. I must
have it because of Autodesk's Inventor and Autocad software (in future
probably also SolidWorks) and Ansys and so on. For that software I need
something more powerful than Intel's GPU (not only for performance but
also for quality). Today I have laptop with Optimus (Intel's GPU + Nvidia's
GPU, if Nvidia's GPU renders something, Intel's GPU is proxy). It works
well under Windows. Under Linux Intel's GPU works well, Nvidia's GPU is
by default powered off. I can use it by manually typed commands. I can not
do anything in BIOS to turn off Nvidia's GPU.
OpenBSD can not turn off my Nvidia's GPU (despite the fact that it not
renders or passes by anything) and just consumes a lot of energy from
battery and heats my laptop.
So I would consider buying a new laptop with AMD APU if it is supported
well by OpenBSD and not heats laptop to high temperatures. Does anybody
have experience with AMD APU's on OpenBSD and can let me know if it
performs well?
I know for a lot of you buying laptop is relatively more affordable. Please
consider that in Poland we have the same (or even a bit higher) prices of
electronics and considerably lower earnings, so I don't want to make a
mistake and buy hardware based on my wrong opinion about support of
AMD's GPUs with OpenBSD.
I don't posted this topic in „General Hardware” because I am particularly
interested in OpenBSD support, but if you consider it should land there
please place this topic there.

With best regards