Hello Adrian,

On 31.07.2014 18:59, Adrian Jervolino wrote:

> My questions to you are: Has anybody ran into similar issues and was
> able to resolve them? Do you think this is a OpenBSD related issue and
> actually solveable (in a reasonable amount of time)?
>
> Swaping the motherboard is currently no option, so I'm thankfull for
> every hint.

We ran into this issue twice so far, once beginning of the year with a
couple of Gigabyte boards and some weeks ago with a couple of Intel 4th
Generation NUCs.

The NUCs were simple to solve as Intel has provided a BIOS Patch.

With the Gigabytes, after one week we had analyzed it so far that simply
attaching a HDD used under OpenBSD (not only a system disk that was
installed upon) would trigger this problem.
Rewriting the partition table with fdisk on another machine let the
'faulty' boards access their bios again and see the disks.

Our suspicion at the time was the block size used by the OpenBSD system
(512 vs 4k)

We also disable UEFI boot in the bios.

Cheers,
Kim