On Tue, Aug 05, 2014 at 12:53:43PM +0200, Alucard wrote:
> Hi,
>
> What is the status of VPLS/PWE3 support on Openbsd right now ?
>
> I have been researching a bit but cannot find a definitive answer.
>
> There is several mentions of work on this on the web and in the
> mailing lists but nothing really clear.
>
> Back in 2011 Claudio Jeker about Openbsd 4.9/5.0 state that these
> features are expected in near future.
> http://2011.eurobsdcon.org/papers/jeker/MPLS.pdf
>
> There is a couple of guys speaking about work on this on the mailing
> list in 2012 and 2013
> http://comments.gmane.org/gmane.os.openbsd.tech/29882
> http://openbsd.7691.n7.nabble.com/RFC-Patches-for-the-LDP-daemon-td228828.html
>
> But I didn't find mentions of this in the ldpd manpage (or am I
> missing something ?)
>
> Thank you

Hi Alucard,

I stopped coding VPLS/PWE3 support at the end of 2012 because it was
getting messy and I didn't have time to properly write it (also I wasn't
experienced enough). So after I finished my final paper which was the
main reason why I was coding it I simply left it as it was.

The wire(4) driver is missing MAC learning and to make it work for my
presentation I had to manually add them. The VPLS implementation in LDPd
was just too messy and it took me a lot of time to understand LDPd code.
Now that I understand most of the ldpd code I'm ashamed of what I did at
that time.

So: (1) to finish wire(4) there is still a small integration with bridge(4)
MAC learning code left to be done and (2) about the VPLS code in LDPd you
might have a better luck talking with renato@.