Am 19.08.2014 17:06, schrieb Adam Thompson:
The remote rsync command runs as your user, not as root, and so cannot set
ownership.
IIRC there's an environment variable you can set that specifies how to invoke
the remote rsync (post-ssh, there's an end var for establishing the ssh
connection, too).
Set that to "sudo rsync", would be my guess.
-Adam
well I will give it a shot  and this may be the missing piece here