Andy Bradford wrote, On 08/27/14 08:35:
Thus said Clint Pachl on Mon, 25 Aug 2014 16:36:26 -0700:

If someone knows how to do this properly via getty(8), I would be very
interested.
I've used this successfully (not sure how proper it is):

/etc/ttys:

ttyC0   "/usr/libexec/getty console.nopw"       vt220   on  secure

/etc/gettytab:

console.nopw:\
        :sp#9600:lo=/usr/bin/autologin:

/usr/bin/autologin:

#!/bin/sh
exec /usr/bin/login -f "$@"

FYI: "$@" equals "-p -- USER" where USER is the username entered at the login prompt. I never would have guessed that the -p option was included.

I just wanted to point out that this still requires someone to enter a valid username to get a login session. Is it possible to bypass even this step and just get a user login session (i.e., auto-login)?

I noticed some GETTYS (e.g., agetty) have an auto-login feature. I'm wondering if OpenBSD's getty can do do similar using the "lo" capability?