On Sun, Sep 28, 2014 at 03:39, Raimundo Santos wrote:

> Government Purpose License Rights (GPLR) pursuant to DFARS 252.227.7013
>
> I could not find good information sources about it. So, I ask:
>
> 1 - These kind of licences are meaningful by a Brazilian (i.e., USA's
> outsiders) point of view?
> 2 - What is the OpenBSD Project judgment about GPLR/DFARS? (Do not know
> exactly how to name it.)
> 3 - Where can I find more information about GPLR (DFARS?)?

When the US government pays for the development of software, it
usually requires that it be allowed to use the software. They
require that the software be made available to them under the terms of
the GPLR (not related at all to the GPL).

You are not the government, so instead the software is available to
you under the terms of the LGPL.