Hi Ville,

What I read on the Internet so far about states [1]: The memory counter shows how often pf tries to insert a state but failed. The reason could be a hard limit of state entries.

I watched at the memory counter this afternoon and it doesn't increased, still at 8764.

pfctl -s memory
states        hard limit    10000
src-nodes     hard limit    10000
frags         hard limit     5000
tables        hard limit     1000
table-entries hard limit   200000

systat
Sorry for pastebin link [2], but the formatting is broken inside a mail

Best Regards,
Patrick

[1] http://www.packetmischief.ca/2011/02/17/hitting-the-pf-state-table-limit/
[2] http://pastebin.com/CnfEZDE9