On Sat, 29 Nov 2014 00:34:17 +0100
Antoine Jacoutot <ajacou...@bsdfrog.org> wrote:

> > I'm not running that code.
> >
> > As I pointed out the "official" openbsd foomatic packages are NAME/NUMBERED
> > like
> > like the openprinting version 4.012, but inside they are something else
> > branched
> > from a much older version: version 1.1 is from circa 2002.  This is version
> > 1.0.54
> >
> > # which foomatic-rip
> > /usr/local/bin/foomatic-rip
> > l /usr/local/bin/foomatic-rip
> > lrwxr-xr-x  1 root  wheel  43 Nov 26 11:44 /usr/local/bin/foomatic-rip ->
> > /usr/local/libexec/cups/filter/foomatic-rip
> > # l /usr/local/libexec/cups/filter/foomatic-rip
> > -r-xr-xr-x  1 root  bin  108536 Jul 31 07:06
> > /usr/local/libexec/cups/filter/foomatic-rip
> >
> > /usr/local/bin/foomatic-rip -v
> > foomatic-rip of cups-filters version 1.0.54
> > "man foomatic-rip" for help.
> >
> > The code from openprinting returns
> > foomatic rip version 4.0.12.246
>
> How is that relevant to the bash issue; you confuse me... did I miss
> something?
>
> > > $ pkglocate foomatic-rip
> > that's netbsd.  are these packages xcompiled?
>
> What do you mean that's netbsd?
> And what do you mean by "xcompiled"?
pkglocate is a netbsd utility.
I didn't know it had been ported.
xcompiled == cross-compiled.

> > > cups-filters-1.0.61p1:print/cups-filters:/usr/local/bin/foomatic-rip
> > > cups-filters-1.0.61p1:print/cups-filters:/usr/local/libexec/cups/filter/foomatic-rip
> > > cups-filters-1.0.61p1:print/cups-filters:/usr/local/man/man1/foomatic-rip.1
> > >
> > > Sorry but I will not help with locally compiled external softwares, only
> > > with official ports/packages.
> > >

> > It's the Official port/package that is CALLING BASH.
>
> Nowhere in the installed cups-filters code I can see it calling bash... Just
> grep for it yourself and you'll see.
> So there must be something specific on your system. Did you make sure you
> don't have an old config laying around?

Not that I can find, buuuuut what you're saying here is what I'm seeing:
bash _was_ on the system for a short time a while back when it was needed
to get grolog to run on OBSD64.  Afterward it was removed.  But
cups-foomatic is going out when it gets installed, and finding some bashism,
preferentially configures for it.  In newer versions of foom* this
becomes an explicitly configurable param.

Dhu

--
Ne obliviscaris, vix ea nostra voco.