On Nov 29 13:02:34, min...@obiit.org wrote:
> is it true to say then, that ffs is entirely "utf8 safe",
> and/or that ffs is actually "an utf-8 encoded filesystem"

The file names are just strings of bytes.
There is nothing "UTF8" about them.

On Nov 29 14:23:35, czark...@gmail.com wrote:
> (Interestingly, "ls | cat" in presence of filename with ASCII
> bell does not actually ring the bell, although backspace works as
> expected.)

This cant't but remind one of
Mr. Malcolm Peter Brian Telescope Adrian Umbrella Stand Jasper Wednesday
(pops mouth twice) Stoatgobbler John Raw Vegetable (whinnying) Arthur
Norman Michael (blows squeaker) Featherstone Smith (whistle) Northcott
Edwards Harris (fires pistol, then 'whoop') Mason
(chuff-chuff-chuff-chuff) Frampton Jones Fruitbat Gilbert (sings) 'We'll
keep a welcome in the' (three shots) Williams If I Could Walk That Way
Jenkin (squeaker) Tiger-drawers Pratt Thompson (sings) 'Raindrops Keep
Falling On My Head' Darcy Carter (horn) Pussycat (sings) 'Don't Sleep In
The Subway' Barton Mainwaring (hoot, 'whoop') Smith