On 03/02/15 03:20, Janne Johansson wrote:
> But it still requires a blob to actually run, does it not?
>
> The fact that there is docs for the blob isn't as important as being forced
> to have someone elses code running alongside your kernel in order to even
> boot it, let alone produce graphics on it.

Very interesting discussion.  Is there a list of supported and
unsupported hardware maintained any place?

I have searched and cannot find one, which may be a reflection on me!
There is a lot of discussion on this list about the performance of such
and such hardware...

For people interested in Raspberry PI (that includes me, I own two) the
beaglebone black is an interesting device and I did find
http://www.tedunangst.com/flak/post/OpenBSD-on-BeagleBone-Black

I am especially interested in the discussion about blobs in the kernel.
 This is a discussion you almost never hear in Linux circles.

cheers
Worik

--
Why is the legal status of chardonnay different to that of cannabis?
       worik.stan...@gmail.com 021-1680650, (03) 4821804