On 02/26/2015 11:12 PM, patrick keshishian wrote:
On 2/26/15, Ulf Brosziewski<ulf.brosziew...@t-online.de>  wrote:
On 02/26/2015 06:06 PM, patrick keshishian wrote:
On 2/26/15, Ulf Brosziewski<ulf.brosziew...@t-online.de>   wrote:
On 02/26/2015 02:32 AM, patrick keshishian wrote:
On 2/25/15, Ulf Brosziewski<ulf.brosziew...@t-online.de>    wrote:

Hi Patrick,

thanks for the reply. What I meant was this: There can be a (possibly
small) time interval between the contacts, or this interval can be
(nearly) zero. In the first case, the "finger count" of the driver
should change from 0 to 1, then from 1 to 2. If the hardware is not
extremely accurate it may change directly from 0 to 2 in the second
case. If the hardware *is* very accurate, it may be difficult to produce
these "double contacts". The test I had in mind could look like this:
You
move the cursor over a scrollable document, lift the moving finger, then
make a "double contact" on a position that has a noticeable (vertical)
distance from the previous contact point. If the document moves/"jumps"
when the double contact is made, there's something wrong. This can
happen when the driver doesn't "count" properly.

Hello and thanks for the clarification of your test-case.
I have been attempting it this morning, but not able to
see any jumps. It seems/feels pretty "solid".

Sorry,
--patrick

Regards,
Ulf

Hi Patrick, may I ask you a last question? Does tapping work with the
reverted version?

Hi Ulf,

Yes. Tapping works. Double tap to select words, tap + tap-
hold-and-drag to select sequence of characters or drag/move
windows, etc. Two finger tap to bring up contextual menus ..

I've really not had any issues with my touchpad. In fact, I was
pleasantly surprised when it just worked out-of-the-box, so to
speak.

HTH,
--patrick

This leaves me with some puzzles, but thanks for your help and
patience.