Hi,

for the talk he gave at BSDCan IIRC. I don't need to use RADIUS just a
local authentication database. It is in the base and it seems very easy
to configure.

It is.

Is anybody running similar setup in production? Any caveats? Any other
advises before I take a plunge.

Yes I am, with Windows, Mac, Linux and OpenBSD clients connecting.

Very easy to configure (linux being the exception :p).

You only need to change npppd.conf, npppd-users and ipsec.conf and you are in business.

I wrote an up-to-date guide on how to do it, let me know if you want a copy.

Caveats... yes.
I'm currently seeing issues with some clients (might be a client software issue) sending multiple connect requests. The ip-address reserved for the client is being assigned to the first request, but it seems like the last request "wins", but alas! no ip-address available (since it was assigned to the first request).

But then again, I have some Windows clients connected for more than 2 weeks non-stop, before they disconnect (prob. a Windows update wanting to reboot ;) ).

--
bsv