Hi!

I have a server where the ping time to remote web clients can be Very big so I want to minimize the number of roundtrips done per connection and request, while I know that I always have more Internet connection bandwidth available.

How do I make TCP stack's initial window 10-50KB, so that I can burst that amount of data without any interference from the TCP slow-start/RFC 3390 anti-congestion whatsoever?

(Or perhaps rather than to a fixed number like 10-50KB, the Initial Window could be set to the client's receive buffer size.)

(The closest option I see is net.inet.tcp.mssdflt setting in http://www.openbsd.org/cgi-bin/man.cgi/OpenBSD-current/man8/sysctl.8?query=sysctl&sec=8 . I don't see where cwnd is initialized in http://fxr.watson.org/fxr/source/netinet/tcp_input.c?v=OPENBSD and http://fxr.watson.org/fxr/source/netinet/tcp_output.c?v=OPENBSD , perhaps that would be a key.)

Thanks!!
Tinker