On 2015-03-29 13:50, Stuart Henderson wrote:
On 2015-03-29, Tinker <ti...@openmailbox.org> wrote:
How do I make TCP stack's initial window 10-50KB, so that I can burst
that amount of data without any interference from the TCP slow-start/RFC
3390 anti-congestion whatsoever?

OpenBSD already starts with 14600, see around line 3140 in tcp_input.c
if you'd like to experiment.

Stuart,

Thank you a lot for your response.

Wait, what line exactly at http://cvsweb.openbsd.org/cgi-bin/cvsweb/src/sys/netinet/tcp_input.c?annotate=1.287 is it that sets the initial window size?

(3145 and 3148 seem to refer to that it's already set.. and 3130-3142 too?)

And, could I conveniently set this to 50KB via some sysctl setting?

(It seems to me that the mssdflt is used as step size when the anticongestion increases and decreases the window size, so I guess just increasing it by a multiple of 10 would be a very bad idea.)

Thanks!
Tinker