It is very sad to have to communicate that our friend, Paul
Schenkeveld, has passed away.

Just recently Paul held a tutorial at AsiaBSDcon 2015; as we know
he enjoyed - or rather lived for - BSD conferences. He was
particularily proud of the 2011 EuroBSDcon in Maarssen, for which he
was the prime organizer. The Stichting EuroBSDcon (the Foundation
behind every EuroBSDcon since then) came to life in the aftermath of
the 2011 con, Paul was the driving force. He always wanted to create a
community event for everybody involved with the BSDs, in particular,
he always wanted EuroBSDcon to be a conference for ALL the BSD-derived
Operating Systems, in a fair and balanced way. This desire last not
least led him to get me on the foundation board.

Let us remember him for his enthusiasm, his warm and open nature, his
endless desire to help where possible, and his accomplishments.

Just two weeks ago I had a very long, private conversation with him in
Tokyo. I can't believe this should have been the last time to talk to
each other. I've lost a great friend.

Rest in peace, Paul.